- “Sky High in Uluru” Click here to read Mike & Rebecca’s Engagement Story – “Sky High in Uluru”.
- “A Sparkly Christmas” Click here to read Mark & Emily’s Engagement Story – A Sparkly Christmas.
- Candlelit Dinner Cook a gourmet meal and set an elaborate candlelit table for a quiet romantic dinner for two at home. (Or cater if you are not talented in the kitchen) Serve her a glass of champagne with the diamond ring in the bottom or tied with a ribbon to the stem.
- For The Casanova Arrange to meet her in a beautiful park near some riding stables. Rent a knight’s armour from a costume shop or theatrical company and pick it up on the way. Rent a horse at the stables, don the armour, ride up to meet her and ask her to marry you. Present the ring with princely flair on bended knee. You could have someone in the bushes nearby ready to play “your song” as she starts to see you in the distance.
- Fortune Cookie Arrange to have dinner together at your favourite Chinese restaurant. Steam a fortune cookie until it’s malleable. Open the cookie; place the ring inside with a note telling her how she’ll be loved by you forever or “Will you Marry Me?”. Have the waiter give her your special fortune cookie and ask them to bring it to you at the end of the meal.
- Letter In a Bottle The day before, prepare a letter in a bottle, complete with proposal. Bury it in the sand and help her “discover” it the next day while you are going on a romantic sunset walk on the beach. Produce the ring from your pocket as she reads your message.Take her for a long walk on the beach. With the help of a good friend, have a special area set up with flowers, champagne, and a proposal written in the sand. You can tuck the ring into your swim trunks to keep it a surprise (just don’t go for a dip before you pop the question).
- Hot Air Balloon If neither of you are afraid of heights – Arrange with a local adventure guide for a private hot air balloon ride for just the two of you (and the pilot). Schedule the time so that it covers either sunrise or sunset.
Some companies provide a full meal with a table setting and the works. Present the diamond in a box as the dessert at the end of the meal.
- Snorkelling Take her snorkelling and arrange for the words “Will you marry me?” to be spelt out with seashells on the ocean floor and hold her hand as you guide her to it. Alternatively, you could “discover” the ring while looking at coral.
- Movie Tickets Make a box of mementos of all your best dates. For example, a swizzle stick, a movie stub, etc. At the bottom of the box place the engagement ring.
- Limousine Rent a limousine for the evening and be inside when they pick her up at home or work. Take her to an elegant restaurant for a romantic candlelight dinner for two, then present her the diamond on the way home in the limo.
- Roses Order a dozen red roses and arrange for them to be delivered while you are with your partner. Act surprised when they arrive. A card can be placed in the Roses saying Will you Marry me?
- Rose petal trail Create a path to the engagement ring. For example, scatter petals from the front door to the bedroom, and then use more petals to spell out “Will you marry me?”
- 1st Date Surprise Take your partner to the exact place where you had your first date. Reminisce a little, and then say something like “We’ve had an amazing journey together so far, and now I think we’re ready to take the next step in that journey. I’m hoping you’ll do me the honour of marrying me.”
- Picnic Pack your picnic rug, pick out a gorgeous spot, pack some delicious food and a bottle of Champaign and then sit back as you and your partner enjoy the delicious array of treats that you have brought. All you have to do is choose the right moment to pop the question!
- Post-it Notes Place sweet notes in different spots around the house. In each spot, write something that you love about your sweetheart, and where to find the next note. In the last note say “For all these reasons and more, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?”.
Can't decide on a gift?
Max Diamonds Gift Vouchers.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to leave her breathless. Visit our showroom in Sydney for a free lesson in how to choose a quality, conflict-free diamond that comes with an official certificate from a trusted diamond laboratory.
Contact MAX Diamonds to arrange an appointment
Choosing A Design?
Visit our ring designs section to view a range of stunning rings that we have made up for our customers.